- Presentations from local businesses (cater to members’ interests)
- FBLA Trivia Games, Quiz Bowl Competitions
- Public Speaking Workshop
- Business Etiquette Workshop
- Job Interview Workshop
- How to Write a Resume
- Ice Breakers (Member Bonding J)
- Competitive Event Study Time
- Team Building or Leadership Activities
- Invite Guest Speakers:
- Local Business Professionals
- Motivational Speakers
- Local Celebrities (news anchors/reporters, local athletes, local politicians)
Prepare students for business careers
- Invite speakers from educational institutions, local businesses, and personnel agencies
- Arrange business tours to local businesses
- Present films and slide shows
- Business Etiquette
- Business Dress
- Public Speaking
- Provide a job-placement service
- Prepare students for FBLA competitions
- Career shadowing program
- Attend Chamber of Commerce meetings
- Attend a Career Fair
Conduct member leadership development
- Attend various FBLA Leadership Conferences
– National Fall Leadership
– National Leadership Conference
– Institute for Leaders
- Invite speakers to present workshops on leadership and private enterprise
- Set aside regular meeting time for member leadership development
Service to the school
- Conduct a school assembly.
- Offer word processing services for staff
- Award scholarships
- Provide hosts and hostesses for school-sponsored events
- Establish a tutoring program
- Hold a teacher appreciation day
Service to the community
- Donate to the March of Dimes
– Organize a district-wide Teacher Dodgeball Tournament and donate all proceeds
– Walk-a-thons (collect pledges per mile walked)
– Dime Collection in school classrooms
- National Literacy Project
– Start a tutoring program
– Book Drive
- Present Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets
- Visit the sick and/or elderly (nursing homes)
- Read to the blind.
- Volunteer at a local shelter or soup kitchen
Organize Public Relations Activities
- Write news articles for the following:
- School and community newspapers
- State newsletter
- Tomorrow’s Business Leader (National FBLA Publication)
- Western Report (Western Region Newsletter)
- Write a radio announcement or a feature story.
- Make a bulletin board display.
- Prepare a layout for a school yearbook.
- Submit articles for publication by other organizations.
- Speak to Rotary Clubs, Chamber of Commerce, School Board about FBLA
- Create a Chapter Website
- Design a Chapter T-shirt for all members to wear
- Host a membership sign-up booth at school registration.
- Utilize school announcements and bulletin boards
- Write articles for school newspaper.
- Host a party or a meeting with food for prospective members.
- Make presentations to business classes on campus
Attend and participate in conferences
- Enter competitive events and actively participate in the various FBLA conferences.
- Complete state/regional projects to have your chapter recognized at conferences
- Encourage members to complete Business Achievement Awards to be individually recognized at conferences
Seek state or national office
- Discuss leadership positions available through FBLA to members
- Set up a process where potential candidates are approved.
- Organize a campaign.
- Coordinate activities with another FBLA chapter in the area
- Get together with other student organizations in the school
- Go ice skating, roller skating, miniature golfing etc. as a member bonding activity
- Sponsor a dance
- Host a party, potluck dinner, picnic, etc.
- Conduct an awards program for most active members
- End of the year Banquet
- Secret Santa
Organize Fundraising Projects
- Provide a word-processing service for faculty, business, and civic organizations.
- Provide inventory services
- Hold a fundraiser at a local restaurant
- Sell various items on school campus, community, etc.
– Ozark Lollipop (National FBLA Sponsor) Lollipop Sales
– Otis Spunkmeyer (Natioal FBLA Sponsor) Cookie Sales
– Coupon Books Sale
– Flowers for Homecoming and other dances
- Prepare and sell athletic programs.
- Hold a Car Wash, Bake Sale
Hold National FBLA-PBL Week to Celebrate FBLA (2nd week of February)
- Sign a local chapter FBLA Proclamation with the mayor
- Wednesday – Adviser Appreciation Day
– Organize a Staff BBQ
– Present your adviser with a chapter gift
– Teacher appreciation breakfast
- Decorate school with posters promoting FBLA
- Organize a Chapter Social
- Organize a school-wide game on marketing products