FBLA-PBL members and advisers should develop an awareness of the image one’s appearance projects. The purpose of the dress code is to uphold the professional image of the association and its members and to prepare students for the business world.
Appropriate attire is required for all attendees—advisers, members, and guests—at all general sessions, competitive events, regional meetings, workshops, and other activities unless otherwise stated in the conference program.
Conference name badges are part of this dress code and must be worn for all conference functions. For safety reasons, do not wear name badges when touring.
If you have any questions about the FBLA-PBL National Dress Code, please speak with your adviser.
Unacceptable attire includes:
- Jewelry in visible body piercing, other than ears
- Denim or flannel clothing of any kind
- Athletic clothing
- Leggings or graphic designed hosiery/tights
- Skintight or revealing clothing, including tank tops, spaghetti straps, and mini/short skirts or dresses
- Flip flops or casual sandals
- Athletic shoes
- Industrial work shoes
- Hiking boots
- Boat shoes
- Any canvas or fabric shoes
- Clothing with printing that is suggestive, obscene, or promotes illegal substances
No dress code can cover all contingencies, so FBLA-PBL members must use a certain amount of judgment in their choice of clothing to wear. Members who experience uncertainty about unacceptable attire should ask their local or state adviser.