FBLA-PBL members and advisers should develop an awareness of the image one’s appearance projects. The purpose of the dress code is to uphold the professional image of the association and its members and to prepare students for the business world.
Appropriate attire is required for all attendees—advisers, members, and guests—at all general sessions, competitive events, regional meetings, workshops, and other activities unless otherwise stated in the conference program.
Conference name badges are part of this dress code and must be worn for all conference functions. For safety reasons, do not wear name badges when touring.
If you have any questions about the FBLA-PBL National Dress Code, please speak with your adviser.
Inappropriate attire, for both men and women, includes:
- Jewelry in visible body piercing, other than ears
- Denim or chambray fabric clothing of any kind, overalls, shorts, skorts, stretch or stirrup pants, exercise or bike shorts
- Backless, see-through, tight-fitting, spaghetti straps, strapless, extremely short, or low-cut blouses/tops/dresses/skirts
- T-shirts, Lycra™, spandex, midriff tops, tank tops, bathing suits
- Sandals, athletic shoes, industrial work shoes, hiking boots, bare feet, or over-the-knee-
- Athletic wear, including sneakers
- Hats or flannel fabric clothing
- Bolo ties
- Visible foundation garments
CLARIFICATION—Many women’s two-piece suits are currently designed so that they do not require a blouse. Therefore, this will be accepted. In addition, sling-back shoes, open-toe shoes, and sleeveless dresses are accepted.