Topic: Develop an original computer program to track hours for the Community Service Awards program for your chapter members. The program must complete a minimum of the following tasks:
- Track student name, student number, and grade in school with ability to enter/view/edit.
- Track the total of community service hours per student with ability to enter/view/edit.
- Track the Community Service Award program category per student with the ability to enter/view/edit.
- Generate or print weekly/monthly report to show total number of community service hours per student.
- Generate or print weekly/monthly report to show Community Service Award program categories and total hours.
- Data must be stored persistently. Storage may be in a relational database, a document-oriented NoSQL database, flat text files, flat JSON, or XML files.
- The user interface must be a GUI with a minimum of five different control types including such things as drop-down lists, text fields, check boxes, emails, or other relevant control types.
- All data entry must be validated with appropriate user notifications and error messages including the use of required fields.
Topic: Develop a 2D side scrolling game about the FBLA Business Achievement Awards (BAA) Program.
- Give the game a name. The game must have a winning condition (points). You must implement a system of rewards (tokens), obstacles (penalties), a minimum of four levels, and lives. There must be an increase in difficulty as the levels increase.
- The game should be secure and bug free.
- The game should utilize two of the following: keyboard, touchscreen, and/or mouse.
- The game must be compatible for a maximum ESRB rating of E10+.
- The game should have an instructional display.
- The game should have a menu with start and exit/quit at any point and a score board at the end.
Topic: Create an E-business website for a local rental business that will also do business online. The business should be specifically targeted for your community. The E-business site should include a name for the business and what items you will be renting. Include pictures and descriptions of items for rent. The site needs to include purchase and shipping information, a shopping cart, and social media links. (NOTE: No live social media accounts should be created for this event.)
Topic: Develop an app for local chapters to manage their chapters.
- The app must include: App Name, About FBLA, Join FBLA (form), Calendar, links to FBLA websites, Local Officer Team, links to Social Media, Competitive Events, Current Events, Sign-up for a current event (form for either competitive event, fundraiser, or community service), Q & A, and Contact Us.
- The app must include a way to track chapter meeting attendance.
- The app must be designed for a phone/tablet.
- The operating system must be mobile based such as Android or iO.
Topic: Create a website for a new discount airline. This airline serves the states surrounding the one in which you live. The airline has hired you to create a website. The website must include:
- Airline name and theme/slogan
- Introduction to the airline that includes animation
- Flight schedules, with the ability to book flights
- Information on the frequent flyer program
- How to apply for a job with the airline
- Social media links (NOTE: No live social media accounts should be created for this event.)