Prejudged Projects & Presentation
Topic: Using 3-D animation, create an informational video related to the many geographical areas devastated by natural disasters during the past year. The video should describe how to support cities/areas affected by natural disasters and should include:
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Ways to provide aide or assistance.
- Issues related to assistance that can create additional problems.
Topic: Develop a computer program to manage the issuance of e-books to a class of students. Give the class and e-book a name. The program must complete a minimum of the following tasks:
- Track student name and grade in school with ability to enter/view/edit.
- Track the redemption codes for each individual copy of the e-book with ability to enter/view/edit codes.
- Track the issuance of e-books for a student--a redemption code may be used only once and paired with the student.
- Generate or print weekly report to show to whom books are assigned.
- Data must be stored persistently. Storage may be in a relational database, a document-oriented NoSQL database, flat text files, flat JSON or XML files.
- The user interface must be a GUI with a minimum of five different control types including such things as drop-down lists, text fields, check boxes, emails, or other relevant control types.
- All data entry must be validated with appropriate user notifications and error messages including the use of required fields.
Topic: You are to create a game designed to test a member’s knowledge of FBLA. The game must produce questions to be presented to the user comprising a minimum of five different FBLA related topics. Topics may include competitive events, business skills, national officers and/or running for national office, national sponsors/partners, basic parliamentary procedure, national conference (NFLC and NLC) dates/locations, FBLA history, etc. The game must be winnable. For example, you must implement a system of rewards/penalties such as points, tokens, or levels. Questions should be drawn from a question bank that presents the user a different assortment of questions every run of the game. There must be an increase in difficulty as the levels increase.
- The game must be compatible with a Windows 7 or newer operating system
- The game should be secure and bug free
- The game should utilize two of the following: keyboard, touchscreen, and/or mouse
- The game must be compatible for a maximum ESRB rating of E10+
- The game should have an instructional display
- The game should have credits indicating who completed each portion/component of the development process
- The game should have a menu with an option to quit at any point
Topic: Create a video promoting Giving Tuesday donations in order to benefit FBLA. The video should discuss Giving Tuesday as the recognized Tuesday after Thanksgiving event that developed around social media and online donations, how FBLA can benefit from it, how it can impact the organization, and how/where to make a donation.
Topic: Develop an e-business website for a unique shop or business that could be opened in your local community. The business should be specifically targeted for your community. Give the shop or business a name. Include pictures, descriptions of items, and services for sale. The site needs to include purchase and shipping information, a shopping cart, and social media links.
Topic: Develop an app designed to test a member’s knowledge of FBLA. Give the app a name. The app must produce questions to be presented to the user comprising a minimum of five different FBLA-related topics. Topics may include competitive events, business skills, national officers and/or running for national office, national sponsors/partners, basic parliamentary procedure, national conference (NFLC and NLC) dates/locations, FBLA history, etc.
- The app must be designed strictly for a tablet or phone
- The operating system must be mobile based such as Android or iOS
- The app should be secure and bug free
Topic: Accuracy is a new accounting firm that specializes in performing accounting responsibilities such as bookkeeping, taxes, audits, annual reports, and more for private and independent entrepreneurial businesses. Accuracy has hired you to create a website and must include the following components:
- Introduction to the website using a Flash or Flash-type animation
- Company overview to include its mission statement, services it offers, company history, staff information, and one other item generally found on a company's website
- Customer service information
- Interactive calendar to view and schedule appointments and meetings with clients
- Links, site map, FAQs, pricing/rates, and a "contact us" option