Scholarships are not only a good way to pay for college, they’re also a great way to be recognized for your achievements.
FBLA members have access to scholarships from college programs, as well as supplemental educational programs and recognition awards. This information is provided as a service to our advisers and members and is not intended to be an endorsement of any of the nonaffiliated organizations or programs. If you have additional questions or would like to provide a scholarship to FBLA members, email Ashlee Woodson.
FBLA Distinguished Business Leader
This scholarship is designed to recognize outstanding FBLA members for their activity and involvement in the association. The number of scholarships given depends on yearly contributions to the FBLA scholarship fund.
Individual Award: Minimum of $500; half will be awarded at the NLC and the other half upon joining Phi Beta Lambda.
Criteria: Open to graduating FBLA members who plan to pursue a post-secondary education and become actively involved in PBL at the postsecondary level.
- Must be a dues-paid member of FBLA.
- Must have achieved the Leader or America level of the Business Achievement Awards (BAA).
- Must submit Distinguished Business Leader Interactive Scholarship Form (link is below).
- The completed form and a one-page cover letter summarizing FBLA-PBL, business, leadership, and community activities, a resume outlining FBLA-PBL activities and educational achievements, and one letter of recommendation from a chapter adviser, a teacher, or a business/community leader must be submitted to the national center.
- Applicants must submit an FBLA Distinguished Business Leader Scholarship Application Form on or before April 1.
Johnson & Wales University
As one of the first colleges founded by two women, Gertrude Johnson and Mary Wales, a progressive, experiential education, approach to learning is at our core. Since 1914, our goal has been for students to make the most of their time —to bring out their potential and turn it into a career. You will be immersed in a curriculum specifically targeted to your field, paired with a diverse liberal arts balance to prepare you in a range of professional fields.
A private, nonprofit, accredited institution with 14,000 graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in Providence, North Miami, Denver, and Charlotte, we have cultivated a supportive environment where students and faculty work to bring out the best in each other.
FBLA members are eligible for JWU scholarships up to full tuition. Complete an application to JWU and indicate FBLA membership to be automatically considered for our National Student Organizations scholarship program.
LifeSmarts.org & the National Consumers League
The LifeSmarts program invites FBLA members to become Safety Smart Ambassadors. Student Ambassadors provide interactive safety messages to younger children using scripted 30-minute presentations and videos featuring Disney characters. Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to winning applicants.
Students who serve as Safety Smart Ambassadors are eligible to apply for a scholarship by registering free online at WWW.LIFESMARTS.ORG, completing a scholarship application, and uploading a PowerPoint presentation highlighting your experience.
Friday, December 1, 2018, is the deadline, and awards will be announced in January 2019. This turnkey program is fun, free, and available at: LifeSmarts.org/safetysmart.
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
The National Technical Honor Society is pleased to continue our partnership with FBLA-PBL by helping to promote their mission, providing two scholarships to active FBLA-PBL members who are also current NTHS members in good standing, and providing funding for two FBLA-PBL National Conference events each year. NTHS awards over a quarter of a million dollars in scholarships to its members annually and has been the acknowledged leader in recognizing outstanding student achievement in CTE programs across the country for over 30 years. NTHS/FBLA-PBL members are also eligible to apply for the Jon H. Poteat Scholarship at www.nths.org.
- Applicants must be in 10thgrade or higher.
- Applicant must be current NTHS member for eligibility
- A fully completed application must be submitted by the deadline date or forfeit eligibility.
- Scholarship monies are held up to three (3) years to be used for post-secondary education.
In 2020-2021, NTHS offers two $1,000 scholarships to students who are current members of both NTHS and FBLA-PBL. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2021.