FBLA chapters must complete a total of 10 tasks focused on recruitment and retention. Four (4) activities are required and six (6) are chosen from a list of optional activities.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to October 31.
Instruction for FBLA Super Sweeps for Advisers:
- Share the Super Sweeps Preview activities with members and as a group, select the activities that your chapter will be working on.
- Decide which members will save which of the parts of the activities that were selected.
- Instruct your members save their work locally i.e. flash drive, share drive, dropbox, google drive.
- Check their work frequently and make sure that they have completed all of the required and total activities BEFORE their work is uploaded to the Super Sweeps form.
- Once you confirm and approve all activities have been completed, submit the entry/submission form for the award.
- Submit Super Sweeps Form
Recognition for FBLA Super Sweeps
- Certificate given at the National Fall Leadership Conference (NFLC).
- Special ribbons for all chapter delegates in attendance at National Fall Leadership Conference (NFLC) and/or at National Leadership Conference.
- All chapters that complete FBLA Super Sweeps will be listed on FBLA-PBL social media and the national website.
FBLA Super Sweeps Activities
These four (4) activities are required.
Activity 1 (Required): Plan a Recruitment Drive. (Post a photo to your chapter’s Facebook or Instagram pages with a description of one of your Recruitment Drive Activities—make sure that you have members in the photo.)
Activity 2 (Required): Create a Membership Committee to focus on new ways to bring in and retain members.
Activity 3 (Required): Submit membership dues for 10 paid members members using the online membership registration.
Activity 4 (Required): Have two of your members begin working on the Future Level activities for the Business Achievement Awards.
Choose six (6) activities.
Prepare a flyer of membership benefits to distribute to chapter members. Have one of your officers highlight one benefit at every FBLA meeting throughout the year.
Make a list of those students who were members and have dropped their membership over the years and send them a “We Want You Back” letter. In addition, have officers talk to some of them and find out the reasons why they dropped and include this in a letter.
Create a Rookie Committee consisting of all new members and chaired by one of your local chapter officers. The members of this committee are asked to develop new projects for the group and participate in other activities.
Produce a fact sheet and chapter bulletin board displaying the national theme and encouraging students to join your FBLA chapter.
Have local chapter officers prepare and give presentations highlighting the benefits of FBLA to classes.
Establish an effective “buddy system” that results in the partnership of at least 10 returning FBLA members and 10 new FBLA members and plan at least one fun “buddy” activity.
Offer a prize to the person in your chapter who recruits the most new members.
Survey current members to determine what benefits are most valuable to them. Emphasize these benefits by creating a flyer to use when speaking to new members.
Hold an informational meeting just for prospective members. Have officers and chapter alumni or professional members tell visitors about the benefits of FBLA.
Have one of your officers prepare and record a one minute video elevator speech about the benefits of joining your FBLA chapter.
Organize a special outing for FBLA paid members to a business, professional sports game, amusement park, etc.
Plan an Induction Ceremony for new members.
Create a chapter newsletter or e-mail blast and either a chapter Facebook site, website, or blog.
Host a FBLA chapter spirit day in which all members show up to school in either FBLA shirts or in blue and gold, and hold an FBLA meeting to celebrate. (Post a photo of your members in their spirit day attire to our National Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages.)
Register a team for the Fall Stock Market Game (Post a photo and name of your Team to FBLA’s National Twitter page with #StockMarketGame. (All FBLA delegates who attend the NFLC and participate in the Fall Stock Market Game will receive ribbons on the NFLC to wear on their conference name badges.)