The following scholarships and awards are either offered by FBLA-PBL, by a participating sponsor specifically for current PBL members, or by organizations that provide recognition for PBL members. This listing is not intended to be an endorsement of any of the FBLA-PBL affiliated organizations or programs. The information provided is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
If you have any questions, email Becky Grant.
FBLA LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP $2,500
The Barton College FBLA Competitive Leadership Scholarship is an annually renewable $2,500 tuition scholarship granted to a maximum of five entering students who demonstrate leadership qualities through active participation in local and state chapter initiatives in FBLA in high school.
FBLA MEMBERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP $1,000
The FBLA Membership Scholarship is an annually renewable $1,000 tuition scholarship granted to a maximum of five entering (or transfer) students who demonstrate active participation in FBLA in high school.
Competition for both scholarships is by invitation. Upon enrollment at Barton College, the student must remain “active” in the local PBL chapter; participating in activities at both the local and state levels. Selection is made by Barton College PBL chapter advisers, PBL Professional Division members, and PBL student officers.
For more information, contact Ron Eggers.
Central Christian College of Kansas
The mission of Central Christian College of Kansas is to provide a Christ Centered Education for Character. The goal of the local PBL chapter is to encourage students to apply concepts and practices learned in the business classroom which will assist them in their success in the workplace.
- Amount: $3000 – $4000 for each, FBLA and PBL
Griffith Insurance Education Foundation
In an effort to inspire college and university students to study and pursue careers in risk management and insurance, The Griffith Insurance Education Foundation, an affiliate of The Institutes, oversees multiple scholarship opportunities throughout the year.
- A graduate or undergraduate student
- Good academic standing
- Major in insurance, risk management, or actuarial science or an interest in pursuing a career in an insurance-related field
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of current transcript
- 350-500 word essay illustrating how you were inspired to pursue a career in insurance and your career objectives
- A letter of recommendation
- Spring Scholarships: March 1
- Fall Scholarships: November 1
Learn more about us at GriffithFoundation.org.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation New!
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation provides scholarship support to the children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen. Verify your eligibility here.
Undergraduate and Associate Degree Scholarship
This scholarship is for undergraduate students, including those pursuing non-degree certificate programs that are longer than 12 months. Apply for this scholarship if you are:
- An incoming college freshman or currently in college
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, associates, or certificate
Application Deadline: March 1
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Scholarship
This scholarship is for students planning to attend a non-degree certificate program or vocational training that is 12 months or less at a community college or private career school listed on College Navigator.
Application Open Year-Round
Morrisville State College
Morrisville State College Leadership Awards
Morrisville State College is part of the SUNY system in Upstate New York that focuses on technology and applied learning in more than 75+ programs of study. Leadership Award recipients includes those students who are FBLA active members and for those who hold a state or national officer line.
Amount: $250/semester for a FBLA active member; $1250/semester for a State or National FBLA Officer.
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
The National Technical Honor Society is pleased to continue our partnership with FBLA-PBL by recognizing the outstanding achievements of students in career and technical education. NTHS awards over $250,000 in scholarships to its members annually, and provides funding for two FBLA-PBL National Conference events each year. NTHS/FBLA-PBL members are also eligible to apply for the Jon H. Poteat Scholarship at www.nths.org.
- Applicants must be in 10th grade or higher.
- Schools must have an active NTHS chapter for student eligibility.
- A fully completed application must be submitted by the deadline date or forfeit eligibility.
- Scholarship monies are held up to three (3) years to be used for post-secondary education.
Current PBL members wishing to transfer to Northwood are eligible for this scholarship:
• Must be a member of PBL through current college.
• Requires a minimum 2.7 Cumulative GPA (2.5 for renewal).
• Attendance for a minimum of two years required.
• Requires a recommendation from your PBL advisor.
Location: Midland, MI
PBL Distinguished Business Leader Scholarship
This scholarship is designed to recognize outstanding PBL members for their activity and involvement in the association. The number of scholarships given depends on yearly contributions to the PBL scholarship fund.
Application Receipt Deadline: April 1
Individual Award: Determined by amount collected.
- Open to PBL members who plan to continue to pursue a postsecondary or postgraduate education.
- Must be dues-paid members of PBL.
- Must have achieved the Director, Executive, or President level of the CMAP program.
- Each application must be accompanied by a one-page cover letter summarizing PBL, business, leadership, and community activities; a resume outlining PBL activities, educational achievements, etc. and two letters of recommendation—one from a chapter adviser and the other from a business/community leader.
- Applications must meet all of the criteria to be considered.
PBL NLC & IFL Scholarships
The PBL National Leadership Conference (NLC)/Institute for Leaders (IFL) Scholarship is a program funded through the diversion of $1 of each member’s national dues. The purpose of the scholarship is to award outstanding PBL members with scholarships that serve as leadership investments to assist members in attending the NLC or the IFL, which is held in conjunction with the NLC each year. The NLC Scholarship amount will be $400 and the IFL Scholarship will be $115.
Application Procedure: Members who wish to be considered for a PBL NLC or IFL scholarship must be on record as having paid local, state, and national dues by April 15 and submit an interactive application and accompanying materials by April 15 to the national center.
Application Materials should include:
- Transcript of Grades.
- Two letters of Recommendation. One letter must be from the candidate’s local or state PBL adviser. Each letter should be limited to no more than one page and should highlight the applicant’s PBL activities and leadership skills.
- One Page Essay. The topic for the essay is: ‘How Has PBL Enhanced Your Leadership Skills?’
Webber International University
This scholarship recognizes the involvement and activities of FBLA-PBL members. Webber International University is offering fifteen (15) recurring $500 per semester scholarships to incoming FBLA students or active PBL members at Webber International University.
Award: $500 per semester, renewable.
Procedure: Applicants must complete the FBLA-PBL Scholarship Application Form and submit it with a letter of recommendation from their adviser. In addition, applicants must include a letter stating how or what contributions they could make to the Webber International University PBL chapter.
This scholarship is valued at $9,000 toward tuition at Wesleyan College, and is renewable every year for four years, eight semesters, if the student remains in good standing and maintains a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
*Designate FBLA on admission application.