2012 NLC Press Releases
Congratulations! As a winner in FBLA-PBL's National Awards Program, you have proven that hard work and practice pay off. You can be pleased and proud of your accomplishments, and you should let others in your area know of your recent success by spreading the word.
Work with your adviser to reproduce this release and distribute it to the local papers and media in your area. All you need to do is fill in the blanks with your name, the name of your school, and the name of your award. It’s that easy! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Download the appropriate press release for your division:
- Glance through a copy of your local paper(s) to see which section would be the most appropriate to run your release. Your paper may have a local news section or a column devoted just to students. Once you have determined the appropriate section, send the release to the editor of that section. If you cannot determine the editor’s name, call the paper to get details on sending press releases.
- If you have a photo of yourself winning the award, send it along and be sure to include your name and the name of you school. Newspapers usually will not return your photos.
- A personalized note sent along with the release is a nice touch. Or, if you personally know someone on staff, deliver the release in person.
- Give a copy of the release to your school administration and ask that it be included in your school newspaper.