Congratulations! As a winner in Phi Beta Lambda’s National Awards Program, you have proven that hard work and practice pay off. Now it’s time to let your family, friends, and community share in your success.
Work with your adviser to modify this press release with your name, the name of your school, and the name of your award. Then distribute it to your local papers and media, and share it on your social networks. It’s that easy!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: (Insert Your Adviser’s Name)
P: (Insert Your Adviser’s Phone)
E: (Insert Your Adviser’s Email)
(Insert school) Recognized with Top Honors
at PBL National Leadership Conference in San Antonio
(Insert your CITY, STATE), (insert date)—More than 2,000 of America’s best and brightest college students traveled to Texas to Create. Lead. Inspire. as they competed for the opportunity to win more than $114,000 in cash awards.
The Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) National Leadership Conference was held June 24–27 in San Antonio. Participants from across the United States attended this exciting conference to enhance their business skills, expand their networks, and participate in 60 business and business-related competitive events.
(Insert name of student) from (insert name of school) in (insert name of city) received national recognition at the PBL Awards of Excellence Program on June 27. (Insert last name of student) competed in (insert name of event) and brought home (insert place, spelled out) place. (Insert description about the competitive event.)
“(Insert quote from student or adviser),” said (insert first and last name), (insert title).
The award was part of a comprehensive national competitive events program sponsored by FBLA-PBL that recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of business and career-related areas. For many students, the competitive events are the capstone activity of their academic careers. In addition to competitions, students immersed themselves in interactive workshops, visited an information-packed exhibit hall, and heard from motivational keynotes on a broad range of business topics.
About FBLA-PBL, Inc.
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc., the premier student business organization, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education association with a quarter million members and advisers in over 6,500 active middle school, high school, and college chapters worldwide. FBLA-PBL’s mission is to inspire and prepare students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences. The association is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. For more information, visit fbla-pbl.org.
- Download a Word version of the press release here.
- Glance through a copy of your local paper(s) to see which section would be the most appropriate to run your release, and send the editor a copy. If you cannot determine the editor’s name, email the paper to get details on submitting press releases.
- If you have a photo of yourself accepting your award, include it with your name and the name of your school.
- Share a copy with your school’s public relations department and ask them to share it on the school website and on all social media channels. Also share it with your school newspaper.
- If your release is mentioned, either online or offline, make sure you repost, retweet, and share on all your social media channels. Add it to your LinkedIn profile so you receive the maximum exposure possible.
- Send your news mentions and other success stories to the FBLA-PBL National Center at email@example.com or on Twitter at @PBL_National.